05 April 2012

Uganda January 2012

When we arrived at the Guest House in Kampala, we were met with a power failure which lasted 5 days. See my post on the main page for further information about this.

Forty-nine (49) 2nd and 3rd year students attended the Afmin On10 School. It is always such a blessing to return and see familiar faces of students who are so committed to their studies. One of our spiritual sons, Aaron from Nairobi, joined us and gave teaching on the subject of Church Planting.

Uganda is very security conscious due to al-Shabaab’s activity in Kenya and Uganda. The security measures and roadblocks around every corner, reminded me of similar security measures in South Africa in past years.

On the last night in Uganda, I was taken to the airport at 11pm because my plane to Mwansa Tanzania via Nairobi, departed at 5am the next morning. Passengers are only allowed inside the airport 2 hours before their plane is due to take off, so I had to sleep outside the building. This was a “first” for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment